1. If you have to eat in a hurry, eat a salad, difficult as that might be.
2. Food wrapped in plastic or Styrofoam is ethical only if you're an astronaut.
3. Know how the animal you eat was raised. You can lead an unexamined life, but your food cannot.
4. Transform your front lawn into a garden. (Be prepared for neighbors to consider you a fruitcake—or worse, a European.)
5. Unless your mom cooks from scratch, she has no business telling you what to eat.6. Nobody's health ever declined from eating unadvertised products.
7. Consider vegans a warning sign of ethical eating run amok.
8. Buying eleven-grain bread instead of seven-grain bread does not make you a better person.9. The $4.99 all-you-can-eat pancake special at IHOP is not an ethical meal, even without bacon.
10. If you have to eat in airports, don't. (But you already knew that.)
From "Eat No Evil," Alan Richman's account of thirty days spent trying to dine ethically in GQ's July 2010 issue
News from our manufacturer's & re-posts from publications around the hotel and restaurant industry.
ABOUT DIRECT TABLEWARE PRODUCTS
DIRECT TABLEWARE PRODUCTS is a full-service hospitality distributor specializing in high quality American & European manufacturer's offering tableware, cookware, buffet/ banquet display, furniture, equipment & customization.
Subscribe to our newsletter
25 South Main Street, Suite 39
Yardley, PA 19067